We all know eating healthy foods is important. Sometimes, though, balancing a healthy diet and grocery store prices can seem challenging. That’s not the case with the ideas below! Follow these six tips before your next grocery shopping trip.
- Planning is an important step for any budget-conscious shopper. Take time to create a list and stick to it.
- Name brands can be pricey, so opt for comparable store brands.
- Substitute beans for meat for a more affordable source of protein.
- Prepare items such as rice and oatmeal from scratch. Remember, convenience costs!
- Fruits and vegetables are essential to any proper diet. The 10 most affordable fruits, veggies and legumes are apples, bananas, oranges, greens, lentils, beans, potatoes, carrots, spinach and broccoli.
- Frozen fruits and veggies make great budget-friendly alternatives to fresh produce—and they generally won’t go bad before you’ve had a chance to eat them.
Do you have other tips for balancing healthful eating and your budget? Share them in a comment below or on our Facebook page.